
I can't believe we have already been in Alabama for over three weeks. Talk about fast and furious. I have been unpacking and decorating, sorting and tossing, filling out moutains of paperwork to register the kids for school and sports, and house training a puppy. We had a Change of Command Ceremony, hosted 100 people at a welcome reception. We have managed to fit in swim parties and the kids making new friends. Ashley has attended a week of band camp (8 hours a day)(They are serious about their bands and football in here in the south. ) Ashley also fit in an LDS Youth conference at Troy State University with 500 hundred other kids. Taylor is signed up for cheerleading and Gymnastics and Joshua for soccer. We have made multiple trips to the Gym here on post sice Joshua and Taylor have fallen in love with climbing the 2 story rockwall they have there. I feel like we have done more in the last three weeks than we usually do in a year. I guess thats the blessing in starting over in a new area it takes the hurt off of missing those you left behind.
I'm tired!!!!
The END....
3 comments:
Wow, you guys have been busy. I am sitting in a hotel in beautiful, thriving, down town Tonapah! We are on our way to Lake Tahoe but Joe had to do some training with teachers today. There is not much to see...but they do have a beautiful church building. Can't wait to catch up!
Hi there! Sorry for not visiting your blog for such a long time. My computer didn't work.... It's so good to see you happy and already feeling a little home in Alabama! I'd like to see your new house inside. I'm sure, you made it the perfect home for you and your family. Chris and I watched all your slides - wished, we could be with you! I'll call you soon, there's so much to talk about. Love, Nadja
It sounds like you are all settling in nicely. And you are right about the bands and football...I live with a southern boy and he has been counting down the days until he can enjoy a little pigskin. I hope all goes well. Will we be seeing you again in the fall? I hope so.
Post a Comment